The New Office Spaces and Some Contrived Examples
We look at the evolution of the office space from a tightly controlled functional space into strange variations that walk the fine line between cool and contrived. Would you want a volcano, bean bags, Ikea kids furniture, and a McDonalds style desk layout in your office? One office looks like a downtown trendy bar.
- Which office would you like to work in?
- Is all this office design really important?
- Is it all hype, drama, and over-spending?
- In four years will all these offices look like outdated style museums?
- Give people a desk and good people to work with and all will be fine?
- The typical office of the late 90s looked like this.
The Modern (Maybe) Funky Office?
- The (maybe) funky work space of the future is evolving into this?
- Is it flammable?
- Was it modelled after the Kids Department at an Ikea Store?
The Office That Looks Like a Bar
- This is a real office but it looks like a bar.
- Bling, Bling!
- Maybe the company bought a bar and to save money made it into their office, as-is.
One Shelley Street Office
Astra Zeneca Office
4c Media Office
Athlon Flex Center Office
WhaleShark Media Office